Monday, June 27, 2011

Homeschool Highlights - Week of May 22, 2011

Sunday:  Worship services.  The sermon was about what part you play in Christ's body.  Shayla didn't really take much from the service, but she did enjoy the music, and singing, and being together as a family.

Monday:
Bible:  Proverbs 3:5-6
Devotions:  Chips and Cupcakes.  Titus 2:11-14
Reading: 
  • Read The Cat in the Hat (reading)
  • Discussed rhyming words (spelling)
  • Wrote rhyming words -at, -an, -me, -in, -et (writing, spelling)
  • Made a Cat in the Hat hat
Language/phonics:  Lessons 149-150





Spelling:  Long O words.  Used waffle blocks with spelling words on them.  Rolled and made a sentence using both words.  Wrote sentences on the white board.

Handwriting:  Psalm 121:5-6  The Lord is thy keeper:  the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.  The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.

Science:  Watched You Tubes on how MRI tests are performed.  And later in the afternoon, she had one done.

Tuesday: 
Bible:  Romans 10:9
Devotions:  Which God is True?  1 Kings 18:36-39
Reading/creative writing/art:  Write and illustrate a silly rhyming story.
Language/phonics:  Lessons 151-152
Spelling:  Test 100% correct :)
Handwriting:  Psalm 121:7-8.  The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil:  he shall preserve thy soul.  The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth and even forevermore.

Health/4-H:  I Spy in the Kitchen:  The Secet of the Food Guide Pyramid.  We learned about the food pyramid and learned that Shayla is eating according to the guidelines, with the exception of milk/dairy.

Science:  Discovering Seasons - Fall.  A Time to Get Ready. 
  • Read pages 122-123. 
  • Made a fall book
  • Painted a picture of a tree in fall
Wednesday: 
Dance lessons



Thursday: 
Bible:  Matthew 18:1-6
Devotions:  Sweet Justice.  Romans 3:22-24
Reading/writing/art:  Wrote and illustrated favorite nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty.
Language/phonics:  Lessons 153-154
Health/4-H:  I Spy in the Kitchen:  Clues in the Kitchen.  This was like a scavenger hunt in my kitchen drawers!
Handwriting:  John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also, and greater words than these shall he do, because I go unto my Father.

Friday:
Language/Phonics:  Lessons 155-156
Handwriting:  John 14:13-14  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.


No comments: