No worship services for us today! We were all dressed and ready to go, but Shayla's bad attitude prevented us from going. Oh well, we'll try again next week after working on behavior issues at home. :(
After the attitude got adjusted, we had a wonderful day!
Read a pile of books from our bookcase.
- Made a Crazy Colors picture. Rubber band several crayons together and color and make a design.
Bible: Psalm 23
Phys Ed/OT: Testing for foot dominance.
- Kicked ball 3x with right foot
- Wrote name with foot - 2x with left and 1x with right
Reading: A Duck is a Duck: Theme 2: What Is It?
Language/phonics: Lessons 143-144
- Used number line to solve subtraction problems with numbers above 10.
- Played Boggle Math Jr. - Match It!
- Played Easy Addition War card game. For the first time ever, she did not have to count the pictures while playing! Woo-hoo!
- Reviewed add/sub flashcards (0-10). I am working with a smaller stack and she seemed to get most correct today. Woo-hoo!
- Reviewed consonants and vowels.
- Spelled each long o spelling word aloud.
- If the letter was a consonant, we jumped on both feet, if the letter was a vowel, we jumped on one foot (which mostly was her right foot)
- Discussed patterns (ie hope 2-1-2-1)
- Discussed favorite things about summer.
- What's the weather like in summer.
- Made a book describing what you wear in summer, what birds are doing in summer, what animals are doing in summer, what plants and the ground is like in summer.
- Painted a picture of tree in summer
Handwriting: Started Badge 10. Psalm 121:1-2. I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth.
Social Studies: Character Lessons: Watched a Berenstain Bear movie. I love using these as discussion starters. They present troubled behavior issues in a non-threatening way.
Bible: John 3:16-17
Devotions: What Did You Say? Ephesians 4:29-32
Phys Ed/OT: Vision
Near vision: right eye dominant 1 out of 1 time
Far vision: right eye dominant 3 out of 3 times
Reading: A Duck is a Duck: Theme 3: We Read Books - finished
Language/phonics: Lessons 145-146
Handwriting: Psalm 121:3-4 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Languge/phonics: Lessons 147-148
Handwriting: Psalm 121:5-6 The Lord is thy keeper. The Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand the sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
Finally late in the afternoon, the party began!