- Reading for pleasure. It is great to see Shayla pick a book off the bookshelf and read the actual words, not because she has to, but because she enjoys reading!
- Read alouds. Still clearing the bookcases. We read a stack of books and decided half were favorites to keep and half we would get rid of.
- Phys Ed: Plenty of outdoors playtime. Hula-hooping, shooting basketball, jumping on the trampoline, soccer ball, tetherball, swinging, whew, and at 39 years old, I still try to keep up with her.
- Phys Ed: Wii Fit Plus. She is trying new games daily. It's great to see her progress on this program.
- Started our Bible program on God Gives Us Community Helpers.
- Easter: Jesus Returns to Heaven. Acts 1:8-11.
- Paul: Saul is at Stephen's Death. Acts 6:8, 10, 12-15, 7:55-60
- The Bible and Reading. Acts 17:10-12
- The Bible and Art. 2 Chronicles 2:13-16
- The Bible and Recess. Matthew 11:25-30
- The Bible and Music. Psalm 101:1
Hidden Treasures. I am really liking this book because it is also teaching character and social studies about our Presidents and famous people of history.
- Abraham Lincoln and the Bible
- Holy Bible, Book Divine
- Thomas Jefferson
- Little by Little
- What the Flag Means
- Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.
- Worship services. Pastor's kids are home from college on spring break, so worship services are truly a celebration! Pastor and son play electric guitar, Michele, pastor's wife, juggles piano playing, then organizing/teaching children's church, and two of their daughters lead the singing. What a talented, musical family! Oh, and did I mention, Jeff and Michele homeschooled all four of their kids all the way through high school!
Shayla understood this lesson because of our VBS from several years ago. When we did the Rome VBS, they re-enacted this scene. I love seeing her put all these things together!
Devotions: A Heavenly Reunion. Colossians 3:1-4
Kings Kids program. This is not only the last Kings Kids program for the year, but for good. Since the public school kids are moving to another school next year, they will be unable to walk to the church, so unless we can get permission from the school to hold meetings at the new school, we are finished with this program.
Reading: Make-A-Wish: A Morning in Fall, Who Took the Farmer's Hat, ABC Books, A Rainbow for Sara, How to Make a Bird's Nest, What Does Little Birdie Say? Polar Bear Leaps
Read Aloud: Snow What Fun, American Girl Magazine, and an article a day from Above Rubies magazine. For years, Shayla has seen me read these and been intrigued by the pictures of the large families, so I thought, why not read them to her since she's interested. The magazine represents how to have a Godly marriage and family, so it's definately worth the time it takes.
Language/phonics: Lessons 107-108
Math: Workbook pages
Bible: God Wrote the Bible. 2 Peter 1:20, 21
Devotions: Rye, Whole Wheat or Pita? John 6:48-51
Reading: Make a Wish: Plays, The Three Little Pigs, Under a Stone, A World of Animals, The Months, The Hare and the Tortoise, Mercy Percy!
Read aloud: Above Rubies and Clubhouse magazines, books from our bookshelf
Activities/Art: Cork Painting and Stamping Art
Phys Ed: Lots of Wii Fit and outside play - hula hooping, jumping on the trampoline, walking, swinging
Science: Looked at the spring buds and the spring flowers that are coming up from bulbs we planted. It's funny, we didn't plant the tulips last year, I thought the bulbs had been eaten because they didn't come up last year, but the tulip shoots are up this year.
We also looked for our cat, Muffy, we believe she may have had a litter of spring kittys overnight.
Math: Workbook pages. Played educational games including Memory Matching and Farkle Dice Game
Trip to local library
Bible: The Bible: God's Word Brings Us Salvation and Instruction.
Devotions: Small Things Are Important. Mark 10:13-16
Read Aloud: Blue's Clues Discovery Series books
Language/phonics: Lessons 109-110
- workbook pgs 35-37.
- Read aloud Adding Puppies and Kittens
- Played math games on cool math.com
Phys ed: Wii fit
Bible: God's Word is Powerful. Hebrews 4:12
Devotions: Is Forgiveness Free? Isaiah 53:1-6
Reading: Finished Make a Wish. Unit 2. Lee Bennett Hopkins Interviews David McPhail, The Bear's Toothache, By Myself, Retelling a Story, Melissa's Friend Kim, Me and My Flying Machine
Read Aloud: Blue's Clues Discovery Series Books
Language/phonics: Lessons 111-112