Saturday, June 20, 2009

Book Review: Deceptively Delicious


I recently borrowed the cookbook Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld from our library.
Jessica is wife to actor/comedian Jerry Seinfeld. She gives great recipes "sneaking" more more fruits and vegetables into any child's diet (young or old). She tests the recipes on her own family to make sure the additional fruits or veggies don't alter the taste of the dish.
Many of the recipes sounded great and could be adapted to meet our food allergies, but my kids (and hubby)are always around. They are with me when I shop, they are with me when I prepare the food - notice I don't claim to be "Perfect Mom," I did not say they are helping - I said they are usually in or popping in and out of the kitchen when I am preparing the food.
They would know if I tried to put anything too healthy in their food!
Overall, my opinion of the book was good. There are some recipes I would like to try. You know on some rare occasion that my family weren't home when I was preparing meals.
Have you read any good or new cookbooks that everyone should try? Please share.

No comments: