Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Meijer and Kroger savings - February 24, 2009

I try to shop multiple stores each week to get the best deals. My job is to stretch hubby's $$$ as far as possible.


Kroger this week had the Starkist tuna pouches on sale 10 for $10. I bought 6 of these pouches and used 4 $1 off coupons and 2 B1G1 coupons.


Total oop $0.00!!!!


This week's Meijers trip

1 bunch of bananas
3 Johnson buddies soap 3.17 each - used $3 off 3 products coupon
1 bag kidney beans
1 bag of brown rice
1 jar natural peanut butter
6 land o lakes buttery spread $1.25 each - used 6 .50 off mc (doubled) .25 each
Then came the 10 for 10 items, with the 11th item being free:
3 bags freshlike broccoli
2 grands biscuits - mc (doubled)
2 campbells kids soups - 40 mc (doubled) - $1.20
1 aunt jemima great starts - $1 mc - free
1 dole salad
1 aunt millie's bread - $1 mc - free
8 bounty paper towels - 3 $1 off mc coupons & 5 25c mc (doubled)
I got two items for free. How? If you checked my math, I did not purchase 22 items. I was four items short. I had planned to purchase 22 items. They were out of the puffs tissues - I have 4 25 mc (doubled). I explained this to the checker and he took another $1 off my order and gave me a raincheck! At first he didn't get it, but don't take no for an answer. The stuff was advertised they should have it in stock, if not they still need to honor the sale price! After all, it's you being inconveienced.
And lastly, the best deal of all:
Meijers had buy 3 singles hershey or mars candy bars - Get 3 free.
I had 6 B1G1F mc to stack on this deal. The result? I bought 6 candy bars and got 18 free! Awesome! Hubby was happy, he loves dark chocolate!
I'm embarrassed to say that it took me some time to figure out how many free candy bars I would get. In fact, I gave it to Morgan as a math problem. She was actually interested in learning it because it was something real (and free chocolate!) She took the problem to school for the class to make an equation for.
Total oop $25.25 - Savings of $41.04

3 comments:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Hi Calina! I'm so glad that I found your blog! You have some really great information here- I'll definitely be stopping by again!:)

Blessings,
Tonya
www.homeschoolblogger.com/livetheadventure2008

Jennifer said...

Reading through your post and seeing that you bought 6 bars and got 18 free I could not figure out how that happened. Glad you figured it out though. Way to get your dd learning and figuring things out too. I am just going to assume you were right, because my brain doesn't want to work that hard today.

Karen said...

Great buys!

I've saved grocery money this week by being sick and not going at all - not my preferred method!