Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Plans for January 4 - 10, 2009



One of my goals for the new year is to do a monthly menu plan. I have January's menu all worked out. It's working wonderfully for us already.

First I went to DLTK's calendar section and printed up a cute monthly calendar, then I wrote in one of my 30 some recipes. I don't think we'll be eating the same thing twice in a month. Now to make things easier, I just wrote in the main dinner idea. I will decide side dishes later by what we have on hand. I added this cute calendar to my homemaking binder so it doesn't get lost.

Here's this weeks plans:

Sunday: Salmon patties, oven baked potato wedges, leftover green beans, applesauce, salad - Approx cost $3.25

Monday: Our version of hamburger helper (made w/gf pasta, homemade broth, & probably ground turkey), baked potato, frozen mixed veggies (these are free w/coupons at kroger or meijer)Approx. cost $4.00

Tuesday: Breakfast dinner! Fried potatoes, onions & eggs - Approx cost $1.50 (We have our own chickens)

Wednesday: Spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread/gf biscuits, salad - Approx cost $3.50 (I can my own sauce from homegrown tomatoes)

Thursday: Veggie soup, bread, salad - approx cost $3

Friday: Sloppy joes, fries, celery/carrot sticks, applesauce - approx cost $4.50

Saturday: Potato soup, homemade bread/gf biscuits, celery/carrot sticks - approx cost $2.50

total $22.25

What's on your plate this week? Go to Organizing Junkie for more ideas.

3 comments:

Tara said...

I like the way you broke out the costs! Also--creative to make your own "hamburger helper." Happy Monday!

Laura said...

Have a yummy week, I love potato soup!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of printing out a calendar with the month's menu on it!