Thursday, January 8, 2009

Homeschool Days 74 & 75 - Jan. 7 - 8, 2009

Homeschool Day 74 - Wednesday, January 7, 2009



Although it was a snow day for Morgan, Shayla had a full day of homeschool. Dad took over as Shayla's teacher today just because they've been missing each other, with him being back to work. (I wasn't even sick - I used the time to get caught up on some cleaning and other things that needed done!) I just gave them some review stuff and workbook pages. Nothing really noteworthy today.



Homeschool Day 75 - Thursday, January 8, 2009



Scouts-at-Home: Colors and Shapes. (We haven't found the time to do Scouts-at-Home for awhile, so I thought it was time to get back to it.) The first project we did for this was to make sponge paintings. We did not make our own sponge stampers because I have 3 bags of sponge stamps for just such occasions! Lol! She really enjoyed making many pages of stamps.



We spent a lot of time reading books aloud for fun.

Homeschool Day 76 - Friday, January 9, 2009

What a busy day! We did our weekly grocery shopping/cvs run in the morning because of the weather forecast. I tried to get Shayla to come out of her shell this week. At the grocery store, she started clinging on myself and my husband, it was impossible to get things done!

We got home, got unloaded, quickly munched. Back out the door to Girl Scouts meeting. Again, I seen regression in Shayla's behavior. Not only did she cling onto me during the meeting, but she also would not eat her snack, instead gesturing that she expected me to feed her. NO WAY!!! I know exactly where that came from! The other day when we were reading Shrinking Violet, it said something about Violet being so shy that she did not like to eat around people because she might eat to loudly. Eating a snack has never been a problem before! This is a smart little cookie I'm dealing with! Later she asked why I wouldn't feed her. I told her I won't!
She had a great time at scouts, though because it was the annual white elephant gift exchange. She got a stuffed horse and a Disney princess purse.

Lastly, we braved the snowstorm to go see Morgan's boyfriend, Miles in the Aladdin Jr. play. It was an awesome show. These kids were so talented! Again, I don't have photos to share because it's against copyright laws. Our whole family enjoyed attending this and thankfully the weather wasn't so bad when we left.

No comments: