Phys Ed: Shayla clearly needed to get the wiggles out today, but there was no way we were going outside. It rained and was cold and damp. A perfect day for staying inside and reading, but we made a commitment to do the President's Challenge fitness program, so we:
- jumped on the mini trampoline
- practiced the 5 positions of ballet
- ran, skipped, crawled and hopped (alternating feet) through the house
- push ups, sit-ups, and jumping jacks
- played ring toss
- played various ball games - catch, games she came up with, shooting the balls into the basket, etc
We read Proverbs 31 aloud and talked about characteristics of a good wife and mother.
Handwriting: Working on Badge 6. Writing Isaiah 54:17
Activities/Art: Used rubber stamp rollers to make placemats.
Phys Ed: Jumped on the trampoline and played basketball for President's Challenge.
Field Trip: We went to the library and picked out many resources about ballet and some others for fun.
Reading: Read aloud library books.
Phys Ed: Jumped on the trampoline and shot baskets. We practiced counting by 2's while scoring baskets. (math)
Reading: We spent the afternoon reading aloud a pile of ballet themed books from the library.
I'm glad we are finally focusing in on something that interests her!
Art: Grandma came up with a really cool birthday present for Shayla. A tie-dye kit.