Saturday, January 2, 2010

CVS Trip - December 29, 2009


Sorry I have not posted about many deals lately.  Although, I don't do many food coupon shopping anymore, I still do the drug stores.

Time has been in great demand around here for months.  I can't promise I will post about these trips regularly, but I will when I can.

Here's what I got at CVS this week for 77 cents oop. 

*Please don't hold me accountable on the actual amounts of the manufacturer coupons I used.  I can't find my list.  LOL!

That's right - 77 cents out of pocket.  And got back $12 in ECB's.  Woo-hoo!

1 Bounty Basic 6 roll (Yay, I was down to my last roll). $5.88 - .50 mc

1 Colgate Total 4 oz toothpaste $2.99 - $2 ECB - $1 mc

3 Dawn Dish soaps - 3 .25 mc

1 Gillette Fusion Razor $8.99 - $4 ECB - $3 mc?

1 Scope Outlast $3.49 - $1.00 ecb - $ mc ?

1 3 pack Ivory soap 99 cents - $1 mc (cashier will have to adjust down)

2 Johnson Buddies soaps - 2 CVS coupons $ ? (I received these in the mail)

1 Nivea Women's Body Wash (It was on sale last week - I had a raincheck) $5.99 - $5 ecb - $2 mc.


I think the trick to making CVS work for me, is to do it like a CD ladder.  You know roll a few bucks every week or two.  I was feeling burned out and only doing CVS shopping when they had exceptional deals or when my bucks were ready to expire.  Not a good idea.  Lately I have been having about $50 in ECB's on hand to play around with.  It sure helps a budget!

1 comment:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

I really would love to do this, I just don't have any storage space. That's what I miss about our house. I could save a ton of money on groceries by stocking up on sale items and using coupons. Still trying to figure out how to work all of that out in our camper that's already tight on space. Great job on the savings!:)