Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Another Perspective on Speaking

I've been reading Proverbs lately.  I love to read the wisdom in these chapters.  If it were written today it would probably be called, The Dummies Guide to Living Right.

Anyway, I'm always concerned about my daughter not speaking in public.  It's not that she can't - she won't!  Proverbs 10:19 jumped out at me.  It's from the Good News Bible for Children - Today's English Version.

The more you talk the more likely you are to sin.  If you are wise, you will keep quiet.  Proverbs 10:19

How many times have I been told and told my other two girls, (who are chatty things) if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it!  Or, God gave you two ears and only one mouth.  That means you're supposed to listen more than talk!

Who's teaching who here? Maybe I'm the one who's being taught by a little girl that doesn't want to speak.   I have definately stuck my foot in my mouth because of things I've said!  I think I need to learn to be quiet more!

No comments: