Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Table's Tale


I wish I would have thought to take a before picture of this stand.  My husband owned this thing before we got together seventeen years ago.  It has been painted and moved to almost every room in the house.

It started off in the laundry room housing detergents. 

From there it went to Cassandra's room, holding teenage girl stuff like make-up.

Next it was painted white with pastel sponge painting and teddy bears on it.  Then it's job was to hold stacks of diapers. 

After the youngest daugter grew, we didn't need it to hold diapers anymore.  Morgan decided she needed a fish aquarium.  We bought a small tank and it sat for years on top of the table that was painted a sky blue with dark blue waves sponge painted on it.  Like the ocean.  Oh, and some sparkly fish stickers that I decoupaged on the doors.

At last, the goldfish died and Morgan decided she no longer wanted this poor old table.  I moved it to my family room not having time to deal with or knowing where it's next stop would be. 

Last week I began painstakingly removing all the layers of paint.  My husband thought I was nuts.  Just buy a new table.  PLEASE! 

But that wouldn't be fun.  You would think my husband would be glad I'm frugal I hate to buy anything new.  I mean with the economy what it is, and with Christmas coming and there are so many things we really need, much more than another piece of furniture.  Besides that, just the other day we were talking about down sizing our home at some point. 

So I slapped on two layers of flat black paint.  It looks pretty good, if I do say so myself.  Black paint definately hides alot of imperfections.  LOL!

My hubby, well, when he came home, his opinion changed.  He liked it. 

1 comment:

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

The table is awesome! I left an award for you at my blog (www.thetravelingpraters.blogspot.com) Blessings, Tonya