Monday, July 6, 2009

Rite Aid Trip - July 2, 2009

I usually avoid Rite Aid like the plague. In the past, I have went in to get the sale items, only to find empty shelves. When I request a raincheck for an item, it is such a hassle to get your money from the Single Check Rebate Program (on a rainchecked item). In one instance, I had to go to the store and speak with the manager several times, call and email the Single Check Rebate program several times, and finally the local store manager took my documentation and gave me the rebate amount. But it was three months after I had submitted! Who wants to wait that long for their money? Not me!


When I seen last weeks' ad, it seemed too good to pass up! It was so good I thought I'd give it a try.


Here's what I did:

There was a Johnson & Johnson promotion - buy $50 and get $25 Rite Aid Gift Card


6 packages Stayfree pads $3.99 each - on sale B1G1F. I had 3 B1G1F manufacturer's coupons, so they were all free (and they count toward the J&J deal)

10 packages Carefree pantiliners $3.99 each - on sale B1G1F I had 5 $1.00 manufacturer coupons (they also went toward the J&J deal)

6 boxes Band-aids $4.99 each - on sale B1G1F (J&J deal). I had 50 cent and $1 mc.

1 Listerine Agent Cool Blue mouthrinse - on sale for $4.49 (J&J deal and also had an additional $1 SCR). I used a $1 mc.

1 Glade Sense & Spray - on sale for $6.99 with a $2 SCR. I used a $4 mc.


The subtotal was $110 something. I was scared! I also used a $5/$25 Rite Aid coupon. Total after coupons was $32.14. I submitted my receipt online and will get back $28! (Already verifed) So, basically I got all this stuff for $4.14! That's crazy!


Another example, about a year ago, I got a $10 Rite Aid gift card for buying my daughter's allergy med. I was beginning to think I would never use that card! Last month I was able to get a bottle of Complete contact lens solution ($7.99 free after $7.99 SCR and a box of crest toothpaste ($2.69 used a 75 mc - more than free after mc and SCR). So I will get that entire $10 back in the form of an SCR check. YAY! Nothing like free! Free is good!


Have you gotten any crazy deals lately? Please share!

No comments: