and other educational activities!
- Build a building with blocks.
- Toss beanbags into a basket.
- Blow up balloons.
- Blow bubbles.
- Talk about beautiful things or being bossy.
- Make bugs on a bed. (Spread peanut butter on bread, put raisins, nuts, cereal, or candies on top for "bugs.")
Walking Along (Counting/Number Recognition)
Trace your child's feet or shoes. Cut 10 of each out. This would be a fun time to measure the paper feet, talking about growth. Read Dr. Seuss's Foot Book.
I wrote numbers 1-20 on each of the feet. Shayla put these in order.
I have to say that I was surprised that she had difficulty with the numbers 12-19! UGH!
More things to do:
- count cars as driving, pennies, blocks, marbles, toys
- Use a calendar to count days. How many days til a special day?