Sunday, June 21, 2009

Mis-Matched Socks



Call me old-fashioned, but I must say, I don't understand, nor appreciate the one of the new fashion trends in today's pre-teen and teen girls clothing.





Unmatched Socks!


Recently we went shopping at the mall and my girls each picked a pack of socks. My girls love new socks, but that's a whole new topic.


Anyway, we get them home and there were 3 socks in the pack. Not 3 pairs. Three individual socks. Each one sporting a different design than the others. One striped, one polka dotted and the other with a monkey on it.


Of course Morgan knew that there were only 3 individual socks. She failed to point that out to me though, because everyone knows you buy socks in pairs, right? In fact, when I got home and discovered that each girl only had 3 socks, I vaguely remembered a conversation I had with Morgan. She told me not to throw away both socks from a set because only one had a hole in it.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I still like those. Besides everyone wears unmatched socks."

I didn't fully grasp the meaning. I thought she had another sock to match that one sock or that she meant that people didn't match the color of their socks with their outfits anymore.



Ugh! Excuse me! As a consumer I am mad that the newest trend in girls clothes not only makes them look stupid for wearing them, but me for buying them.


My girls, they think they are cool! Me, I would like to hide when they so proudly wear them with their summer crocs and sandals. If someone comments on their mismatched socks, I will probably proclaim my girls to be rebelling, making a statement, finally making choices about their own dress, expressing their creativity, or they must have been in a freak accident that makes them suffer from color blindness, or they had to wear these sock combinations because they were too lazy to do their own laundry.


Have you ever fallen for false advertising or misrepresentation of a product? Please share your stories.

No comments: