Wednesday, February 25, 2009

CVS Savings - Feb 24, 2009

First off, I'd like to take this moment to publically congratulate my oldest daughter on learning how to cut her budget with CVS shopping. She is quickly becoming addicted. Maybe it's in her genes?!?




I have pretty much avoided CVS lately. Why? Because we have towers of toilet paper and toothpastes, deodorants, and razors galore.



However, I completed an online survey for $10 ecb and I had additional ecb's that I refused to let expire, so I drug myself out to do a little CVSing.


I got a $5 off $30 purchase CRT last week. Now what could I possibly get for $30 - there is nothing good on sale this week!



After looking harder, here's what I got:




1 CVS antacid $1.99 - used 1 free CRT coupon

1 colgate cavity toothpaste .88 - used a 75c off mc

1 suave hairspray $3.19 - used a free suave product mc

1 Carefree pantiliners 60 ct. $4.49 get $2 ecb back - used a $2 off CVS CRT and a $1 mc.



Deal: Buy $20 of revlon products - get $10 ecb back

2 Revlon blushes at $9.99 each - $2 off CVS CRT and 2 - $2 Revlon color coupons
1 revlon tweezer at $4.99 each


Total (before coupons) $37.33



Total after coupons and ecb's $2.20 an I earned an additional $12 ecb's to add to the $12 I haven't spent yet!



To prove to you that I haven't done much CVSing this year, my winter spending total is only $27.85 and most of that is just tax that the ecb's won't apply to. My year to date savings is already $281.40!



As a side note, I don't really post the deals, but if you'll look on my frugal friends sidebar, there are alot of gals that do write out the deals and explain the whole CVS shopping craze.



Also for monthly deals and the scans several weeks ahead of time go to I heart CVS.


Happy CVSing!

No comments: