Wednesday, January 14, 2009

CVS Trip - January 9, 2009

I apologize this is from last week, but I just haven't gotten my computer time management under control. It still seems like I don't have enough hours in the day, the only thing that is flexible is computer time. So sorry I can't be up-to-date on all my postings.





This was one of the weeks when my husband actually wondered if I had committed a crime or something. He is now truly on board with my CVSing addiction.

I was fortunate that all the items I was looking for was in stock. Yay! Here's how it went:



Transaction 1:

3 - 20 pks cottonelle toilet paper $12.97 -$4.00 ecb Limit 5
I used 3 - 50 cent off manufacturer coupons

3 - 12 pks mountain dew 3/$10 (There was not an ecb, but my hubby was going through dew withdrawls!)

Deal Buy $20 of select Johnson's products - Get $10 ecb (the pads and zyrtec were part of this)

2 - stayfree pads - 2/$9 - Used B1G1F coupon

2 - carefree pantiliners - 2/$9 - Used $1/2 mc and -$2 CVS Q

1 - 14 ct. zyrtec allergy med - $13.00 (No coupons - Morgan needed anyway)

2 - colgate toothpastes - $2.99 get $2.00 ecb
I used $1/1 coupon and .75/1 coupon

1 - garnier fructis hairspray - $2.99 get $2.00 ecb
I used $1 mc

1 - palmolive dish soap - .97
I used .25 mc

After manufacturer coupons and CVS Q's, and ECB's I paid oop: $2.66

Yes, that is not a typo! It helped that I had over $100 in ecb's. I made another $28 in ecb's.

The cashier and her manager was amazed. She asked if I had remembered to scan my card at the machine. Usually I do, but today I had forgotten. So, I scanned my card and a CVS Q printed off for $2 off cottonelle.

I picked up another 20 pk of toilet paper for a total of 4. Used $2 coupon and ecb's - paid $1.04 oop and earned another $4.00 ecb.

As a side note, we have about a year's worth of toilet paper at our house now.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Way to go! I got 2 of the packs of toilet paper, but the ECB offer goes through early Feb, so I am hoping to pick up a couple of more. Will have to look for a CRT for it as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Candace said...

Great job Calina!
I need to get back to CVSing- esp for toilet paper. It seems to be the one thing I am always having to go to the store for and it is so darn expensive. I certainly don't miss all of the coupon cutting and deal chasing though. It really wore me out when I was doing it hot and heavy.It sure can save you alot of money though.