Monday, December 8, 2008

Homeschool Day 64 - Monday, December 8, 2008

Journal/activity: On one side, she drew a gift she would like to give this year. (She did not want to give anything!) No big surprise there! We're still working on that. On the other side, she drew a gift she would like to get this year.


Scouts at home: Citizen Near and Far. We finished up this badge today. It was not one of the more fun ones, but she had already earned most of it from life experiences.



Specials: Christmas. We made a Holiday Shapes Book from here. (I wanted to do Brown Reindeer, Brown Reindeer, but I can not get it to load so I can print!) We spent a lot of time on this. She really likes to illustrate her own books. I cut out the shapes and we decorated them in various ways. We added glitter glue, different scrapbook paper, markers, and glitter to make it interesting. (cutting, gluing, writing, math, reading). After this, she opened her Christmas book, Clifford's Christmas and we read another Christmas themed book from the library.



*Note: Shayla has a terrible case of the grumpys. She is defiant and disobedient today. I don't want to push her too far because I think she got ahold of some gluten in a new ketchup I tried. This is the first time she has had any gluten in almost 3 years. I'll pick my battles, we have to attend Morgan's band concert tonight. If she is having problems with her sensory issues, it may not be a pleasant evening.

No comments: