Sunday, November 2, 2008

7 Things About Me Meme

Jennifer at Getting Ahead tagged me for this awhile back. I'm still getting caught up around here so excuse the late post.

Seven things? That's hard. Humh! Let me think...

1. As a teenager, I had to do some testing. The IQ test showed that I was at genius level. Ok, will someone explain to me why I went on to do some really dumb stuff?

2. I am not able to watch a television program or movie without doing something with my hands (ie..cross stitching, scrapbooking, crocheting, lesson planning, etc.) What happens if I don't do something with my hands? I fall asleep every time.

3. I am a list person. My husband thinks I'm crazy. He says in the time it takes me to make the lists, I could have accomplished several things already. He just doesn't understand. I need a grocery list, a to-do list, lesson plans, etc.) I figure if I don't have a list, I don't have to do anything today! Right!

4. I think I've developed ADHD as an adult. Seriously. I used to pride myself that I could remember the most minute details. Lists, who needed them? However, this all changed after the birth of my 3rd daughter. Now I can't remember anything.

5. I went to college, but didn't finish. I was earning my Associates degree with a major in Executive Administrative Assistant. I did learn some useful things - I learned how to take shorthand. Does anyone even know what this is? I'm showing my true age here! I also learned how to type. At one time I could type 120 wpm.

6. You may have read my posts about my 3rd daughter. She is diagnosed with selective mutism. That's a fancy word for painfully shy. She comes by this honestly. Although I would speak to friends and teachers one-on-one, in school. I dreaded being called on to read or answer a question. I mean I tried to avoid it at all costs. At 15 years old, I don't know what happened, let's just say, I broke out of my cocoon.

7. My favorite genre of music is country. Now, in all fairness, I will listen to most anything, I even like pop, Christian contemporary, old hymns, classic rock, some heavy metal, alternative, and classical. I absolutely do not like jazz or rap. Although, mostly the only thing I listen to around here is kids music.

Now the hard part is coming up with seven people to tag.

HD Mac
Amy at Clothesline Alley
Kendra at Handprints on the Wall
Lindsey at Kings Missus

No comments: