Friday, September 26, 2008

Frugal Landscaping

I just read this about frugal landscaping. Maybe a better title would be Edible Landscaping. You can read it here.

My husband and I were just talking the other day about trying to learn more about wildflowers and herbs. You know God gives us many plants for our health, but we consider them to be weeds. Take for instance, dandelions. Every part of dandelions are edible. From the leaf greens to boiling the roots for tea. Raspberries are the same way. We have a gazillion of them growing on our property.

I think if we learn more about what we have that we can forage, it will save on next year's grocery bill.

Do you have any ideas for edible landscaping or foraging for food? Please share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that has an edible flower garden. Unfortunately she doesn't have a web site. :( Every time we have a potluck she brings something with her edible flowers. It is really neat!
Toni