Monday, August 18, 2008

Spaghetti Painting - Who Says You Can't Play With Your Food?




As a child, I always remember getting in trouble for playing with my food, instead of eating it. Maybe that's why I encourage my daughter to play with food "at appropriate times."

She used the noodles as a paint brush


Now, she's really getting into it



Tada! The finished product!





This is good for fine motor skills and overcoming sensory issues with the texture/feel of the spaghetti and paint.

This is for all of you that are upset that I am wasting food and will tell me that there are many children starving in the world. That's what my mom used to tell me. This spaghetti was going to be thrown out anyway. People can only eat so much spaghetti! Besides all the sauce and meatballs was gone, so it wouldn't have been eaten, it would have sat in the back of the refrigerator until it was more suitable for a scientific experiment on mold.

I have been trying to have "face-time" with my youngest daughter everyday. For more ideas click on the homeschooling link in the categories section.

1 comment:

HDMac said...

That is so sweet... what a doll and she is so proud of her creation! What a wonderful mommy you are!