Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Itchy, Itchy, Scratchy!!!

While splitting off and replanting my daffodil bulbs Saturday evening, it seems as though I came across some POISON IVY. Agh! It started as a small itch between my ring and pinkie finger, then the side of my hand, then, just a little on my wrist. I really wasn't sure it was poison ivy, since the last time I suffered with it I was like 2 years old.

Yesterday afternoon I pretty much figured it was poison ivy. It is an unmistaken itch, isn't it.

This morning, it gets worse, mine has spread to my stomach and side. I can hardly wait to see where else it appears. Just joking, here!

My poor husband, we won't discuss his case. Let's just say, he's also miserable.

I hope Daughter #3 doesn't get it. She suffered with eczema from food allergies for almost five years.

After reading on the internet about the urushiol oil that causes the allergic reaction in poison ivy, I think I'll forego homeschooling today and focus on washing shoes, jackets, towels, rugs, and oh, about everything else that could have come in contact.

Does anyone have any suggestions for relieving and getting rid of poison ivy? The more natural and cheaper the better.

No comments: