- We read Arthur's Fire Drill
- Discussed fire escape plans for each room of our home.
- Most fires can be prevented. Listed ways of preventing fires.
- Looked at the GS manual and identified causes of fires in the house picture.
- Checked the smoke detector (no real need for that since it seems to go off everytime I cook) :)
- Practiced Stop, Drop, and Roll. That's always a favorite to review.
- Read Barney's Safety book
- Again, we had a real life discussion starter, when at our local park, Shayla was swinging. I noticed as she went up the bottom of the swing was almost cracked clear through. I told her to quickly get off the swing. Obedience paid off this time, she was able to get off without the swing breaking on her. After she got off, I showed her why I had asked her to and thanked her for her obedience. (Can you tell we are still working on those character lessons?) :)
- That same day, a little boy walked into Shayla as she was swinging. She knocked him down. Luckily he wasn't hurt badly and it really drove home the point of swing safety.
- Discussed other playground safety rules.