Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Owe You an Explanation

Where are all the good deals?


When I started this blog, I used to somewhat regularly post about my weekly good buys at Kroger, Meijer, and CVS. After several years of doing this, I can honestly say that I don't hardly coupon shop anymore.


Why not? I was good at it. Several times I walked out with lots of stuff and the store paid me to take it (groceries and toiletries). Other times it was free after mail in rebates.


I have built such a stockpile that we are still using from and quite honestly, I don't see that many great deals out there. I mean I think I can do just as well buying from Aldi and avoiding the time and hassle of dealing with the coupons. With our celiac disease and food allergies, most of our food has to be cooked from scratch anyway. These items rarely have coupons.


I also found that at the height of my coupon shopping that the members of my family that do not have the food allergy issue were not using good discernment and were not making healthy choices in their diet.


So for me, it's just not worth it.


I'm not saying that I'm throwing the towel in all together, but at this point, it's going to have to be a big savings before I do it.


Maybe I'm just suffering from coupon shopping burn out, who knows. . .

No comments: