Thursday, March 12, 2009

Creative Composing



Compose a Song



The curriculum suggested a song about Girl Scouts, but it was actually on my to-do list to make Shayla's "Morning Song." This song is about things that she must do to get ready in the morning. I'm hoping it will help her to gain a little independence.



Here's what we came up with:



Shayla's Morning Song

Tune: States & Capital Song

I get up in the morning,
I go to the potty,
I drink my milk,
And then I eat my breakfast.

I take my pajamas off
and put them in the hamper,
I put my shirt on,
and my pants and socks, too.

I brush my hair,
Fix it just right,
Brush my teeth,
Then I'm ready for school!



Compose a poem:


Here's what we came up with:


In the Springtime . . .

the birds sing.


the trees blossom


the sun shines


the flowers poke out


it feels warm

In the springtime.


Then we made paper flowers to decorate the handwritten poem, using stencils. (art & writing)



Compose a Painting


This was a fun activity. Shayla loves to paint! We turned on the music and let the creativity begin. (Dad helped out with the details on the animals.)


Compose a Message in Sign Language.

Again, we had fun with this. First we watched Signing Time and Talking Hands videos. Then Shayla signed "I love you" and "Will you be my friend?"


Compose a Play



Again, we had loads of fun with this. Luckily, we were able to accomplish many things by doing this. First, we did the craft that was on the Star Family, secondly, it goes toward her puppet making badge.



We made the puppet using an old wooden spoon and she put on a play about herself making friends.

No comments: