Monday, October 13, 2008

Menu Plans for Oct 12 - Oct 18, 2008


Ugh, the beginning of the week again. Time to answer the question, what am I going to make for dinner again. I guess we've got to eat, so having a plan makes things go smoothly.
Again, nothing spectacular. We don't have many casseroles or variances from menus from week to week because of our food allergies. Several members of my family also have this thing with combined foods. You know, something is touching something else. Like the carrots in the meat. Kind of like how their personalities are. I'm sure you've all heard it before,
"Mom, she's touching me."
Mom says, "Keep your hands to yourself, please."
"Mom, she's just looking at me, like she's going to touch me!"
"Ugh!"
Sunday:
leftover pancakes, peanut butter & jelly rice cakes, toaster strudels, juice
roast, biscuits, steamed cabbage & onions, salad
Monday:
peanut butter & jelly rice cakes, juice
Beef & noodles over mashed potatoes, biscuits, steamed broccoli, salad
no bake cookies/pamela's cookie mix
Tuesday:
Eggs & rice cakes or toast, sausage, egg & cheese biscuits, juice
tacos & refried beans, beef rice (made with broth from roast)leftover veggies or frozen mixed veggies, salad
apple slices
Wednesday:
berry muffins (frozen from berry picking this summer, Yum!), leftover sausage
clean out the fridge night!, fried potatoes & onions, green beans, biscuits, salad
pears
Thursday:
cream of rice/oatmeal, juice
leftover chili soup (frozen from last week), biscuits, salad
frozen peaches
Friday:
Eggs & rice cake or toast, juice
homemade chicken nuggets, french fries, baby carrots, salad
rice/ice cream
Hopefully next week I can not be the procrastinator that I am, and have a well thought out menu plan. I'd like to be able to put some thought into it and try to include a breakdown of the costs and explain how I am able to do this. This is especially for my oldest daughter who is still learning about budgeting in the menu!
For more ideas, check out everyone else's menus at organizing junkie.

No comments: